The Curaçao Business Council for Sustainable Development (BedrijvenPlatform Milieu – BPM) and Aqualectra have joined together in a working group to organize a seminar on Electric Vehicles (EVs).
In fact, this seminar is a follow-up to a BPM seminar held in 2012 which actually sparked the introduction of EVs in Curaçao. The main catalyzer in 2012 was a new exemption from import duties for EVs (i.e. 0 % duties), proposed by BPM and then actually accepted and implemented by the Curaçao Government.
Now, 7 years later BPM and Aqualectra feel that the time has come to RECHARGE the use of EVs and to realize a substantial increase in people and businesses driving EVs, from approximately 30 now to 300 in just a few years. BPM and Aqualectra feel that this is possible, mainly because of the increasing availability of both high quality new and used EVs.
Important topics that will be covered during the seminar are:
– Incentives that will spark the interest in EVs
– The electrical infrastructure and a new network of charging stations for EVs (by Aqualectra)
– Import of used EVs
– Leasing EVs
– Maintenance and repair of EVs
– The economics of purchasing and driving a new vs. used EV
– Experiences of actual EV owners/drivers in Curaçao
– Experiences from other islands (e.g. Aruba)
– Safety of EVs
– Electrical buses
– The founding of an association for EV users/owners
More information will follow promptly! Reserve your seat and subscribe to updates through bpmcuracao.com/ev